The temple is located at Thirunaangur, which is 5 miles from Sirgazhi.
The Moolavar is Perarulaalan seen in standing posture facing east. The Utsavar is Hemarangar, Semponrangar. Lord Rama to atone the sin of slaying Ravana, stayed for four days in a golden cow on the advice of Thrdanethra rishi. He then gave it as dhaanam to a brahmin, who used the gold to construct this temple and hence the name semponseikoil (sempon-pure gold).
Thaayaar - Allimaamalar Naachiyaar.
Theertham - Hema Pushkarini, Kanaga Theertham
Thirumangaialwar - 1268-1277
Total of 10 Paasurams.