e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Mobile: 9448084873
Jain philosophy advocates id-pingala and pancha mahabhootha (i-p-pmb). Acupuncture is a Jain therapy based on i-p-pmb. Jain philosophy explains that the human body is made up of senses.
It is like this:
1. 1st sense - it is pure jiva/soul
2. 2nd sense - it is pure touch & taste
3. 3rd sense - it is pure touch, taste & sight
4. 4th sense - it is pure touch, taste, sight & smell
5. 5th sense - it is pure touch, taste, sight, smell & hearing
Touch, taste, sight, smell & hearing - what are these things? These are nothing but pancha-tanmatra. Pmb - akash, agni, prithvi, vayu and jala are hidden in these tanmatra. Acupuncture explains further how these tanmatra are used as a needle therapy.
For example, take 'smell' and see how acupuncture describes them:
There are five kinds of smell representing five pmb. They are:
Acupuncture has all these - touch, taste, sight, smell and hearing points for needling to bring balance of energy in the human body. It is called 'acupuncture tanmatra therapy'.
- Raghavendrachar (Yoga shikshak & sujok acupuncturist), Bangalore, India